The start of the New Year is an ideal time to assess your training needs.
DITA/XML is a standard that enables authors to deliver the benefits of using structured content. Mekon have courses that will help you understand the business benefits of authoring in DITA, as well as training authors to use DITA tools to quickly be effective in creating structured content.
Our 1-day DITA Orientation course includes the following subject areas:
- Overview of the business problems governing the creation and use of content
- DITA authoring tools and component content management systems (CCMS)
- How to create and manage DITA topics Working with lists, tables, images and cross-references
- How to create and manage maps in DITA
- Using conditional profiling
- Publishing output
- Reusing content
- Working with metadata
- Managing DITA content
The course is ideal for:
- Managers and Team leads who are interested in understanding the benefits that structured content authoring and use of DITA/XML can bring to an organisation
- Authors/users looking to understand the theory behind creating structured content using DITA/XML
For Authors/users wanting to take things a stage further and to be able to begin authoring content using DITA/XML as soon as possible, we also offer a 3-day DITA Authoring with oXygen XML Author course
This course covers both the DITA orientation 1-day course theory and then follows up the application of the theory and principles with a 2-day practical application of the techniques learned. Users are guided through use of the oXygen authoring tool to create and publish DITA content.
Our training courses can be delivered:
- Onsite at Mekon’s premises
- Onsite at your location
Why not kick start the new year and book your place now on one of our 2018 training courses.
To book your place or to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44(0)20 8722 8400.
Click here to view other training courses we offer.